With so many social media platforms out there in 2016, it can be very overwhelming to figure out the best way to use them. However if you can harness the awesome power of these tools, you can start seeing financial results very quickly! Here is a little breakdown on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Here is a little breakdown on some of the bigger platforms.
- Facebook is the #1 social media platform out there. Everyone uses Facebook and they use it often.
- It has 1.65 billion monthly active users and 1.09 billion daily active users, on average.
- Users range from 13 to 83 years of age
- Facebook accounts for Facebook accounts for one in every six minutes spent online and one in every five minutes spent on mobile and one in every five minutes spent on mobile.
- The site tallies 8 billion average daily video views.
- 50 million businesses use Facebook to reach their customers
- 32% of users interact with brands regularly
- Coca-Cola is the number 1 brand on Facebook
The power of Facebook’s reach is undeniable. Every company should be on Facebook. It is free to set up for yourself or very inexpensive to hire set up to a social media specialist. No matter what your business is, you CAN connect with customers and the ROI is impressive.
The majority of Twitter users are news junkies who use the network to seek out information about what’s happening in the world. The micro-blogging platform is also a place for people to connect with brands.
- Twitter has 310 million monthly active users.
- Of those, 83 percent are active users on mobile.
- Every second, 6,000 Tweets are sent.
- 86 percent of Twitter users say they use the site for news, 81 percent of users say they keep up with the news daily, and 40 percent of Twitter users use the site to be alerted to breaking news.
- Of those who say they use Twitter for news, 70 percent say that they do so because it’s a great way to get news in real time.
- 36 percent of users use Twitter to pass the time and 28 percent use it to second-screen with live events.
- A surprising 53 percent of Twitter users never post any updates.
- 130,000 active advertisers market on Twitter
- Twitter users are three times as likely as Facebook users to follow a brand, with 49 percent of monthly Twitter users following brands or companies.
Twitter can help brands announce new products, company news, and relevant articles.
The five-year-old platform is a top 5 used app and is being used more and more for advertising.
- It has 400 million monthly users
- Users have shared 40 billion photos
- Users like 3.5 billion photos every day
- Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook
- Instagram users are 2.5 times more likely to click on ads than users on other social media platforms.
- Ad recall from a sponsored post on Instagram is 2.8 times higher than Nielsen’s norms for online advertising.
- 60 percent of users say that they discover new products on the platform. That same survey found that 75 percent of users say that they’ve taken action after being inspired by a post.
- Nike is the number 1 brand on Instagram
Instagram Ads are still in the beginning year, but our favorite feature is that you can set up your ads in Facebook and they show up on both platforms!
Pinterest is the preferred social network for planners. Wedding, event, travel, etc.
- Pinterest has 100 million active monthly users.
- Men use Pinterest too. Pinterest increased male users in the U.S. by 74 percent in 2014 alone. Now, one-third of sign-ups are men.
- It’s a mobile-focused platform, with 75 percent of Pinterest usage taking place on phones and tablets.
- The average Pin is Repinned 11 times.
- More than one-third of Pinterest users choose Pinterest over Google search.
- The site serves more than 1.5 trillion recommendations annually.
- Two-thirds of all Pins are from a business’ website.
- 75 percent of Pins saved come from businesses and two-thirds of all Pins are from a business’ website.
- 1 million businesses worldwide use Pinterest.
- Pinterest is the No. 2 source of social media traffic to Shopify stores.
- A solid 65 percent of Pins lead to product sites like Etsy, Amazon, and eBay.
LinkedIn is a place to connect with colleagues and professional contacts. It is a powerful recruiting tool for businesses.
- It has 433 million users in more than 200 countries and territories.
- 100 million active monthly users.
- More than 128 million users in the U.S.
- Users are signing up at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- One in every three professionals in the world is on LinkedIn.
- Among its users are 40 million students and recent college graduates.
- Military and veteran members are among the most active
- 49 percent of key decision makers are on LinkedIn.
- Users conduct 1 billion searches per day.
- 87 percent of recruiters use LinkedIn
The usefulness of Linked in is clear. Use it to hire, get hired, or to do business to business marketing.
Snapchat is the baby of the group but becoming increasingly popular with brands.
- It’s the fastest growing network
- Snapchat has over 100 million daily active users and growing.
- It’s is the second most-used social network after Facebook.
- 18 to 24-year-olds are the largest user base at 37 percent. They’re followed by 25 to 34-year-olds (26 percent) and 13 to 17-year-olds (23 percent).
- More than half of new users signing up to Snapchat are over the age of 25.
- More than 60 percent of U.S. 13 to 34-year-old smartphone users are Snapchatters.
- An impressive 58 percent of college students would be likely to purchase a brand’s product or service if they were sent a coupon on Snapchat.
- Up to eight times U.S., 13 to 34-year-olds view Live Stories vs. TV for similar events.
- Americans have a greater brand awareness of Snapchat than Pinterest or LinkedIn.
Check out this great video by Gary Vaynerchuck on Snapchat